What is the Scientific Board? Who are its members?
The Fondation René Touraine works through a Scientific Board integrating 13 high-profile European dermatologists. This Board oversees the development of 4 Scientific Committees, which steer the Fondation René Touraine’s main 4 networking activities: "Rare Skin Diseases Network" (RSDN), "Skin Inflammation & Psoriasis International Network" (SPIN), "e-Dermatology" Portal and the "Science FRT" Portal.
The Scientific Board is coordinated by an executive committee composed by:
a Secretary General
the President-coordinators of the 4 activities.
& President-elect and past president of each scientific committee.
These scientific committees are coordinated by a President, a President-elect and a Past-President (all members of the Scientific Board) and are composed of international experts whose expertise is useful to the development of the committees’ activities
The Scientific Board is renewed by 1/3 of its members every 3 years and one cannot apply for the same position twice in a row. The Scientific Board decides to which candidates the Fondation René Touraine’s fellowships are awarded, as well as the organisation of the other scientific activities of Fondation René Touraine.
The present composition of the Scientific Board is as follows.
- PRESIDENT: Prof.Dr.med.Dr.h.c.Thomas Luger, Past Chair of Department of Dermatology, University of Münster, Germany
- GENERAL SECRETARY: Prof. Erwin Tschachler, MD, Head of Research Division of Skin Biology and Pathobiology, Derpartment of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- PRESIDENT OF EACH COMMITTEE: Prof. Phyllis SPULS, MD, PhD, Consultant Dermatologist at The Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, (SPIN); Dr. Maya El-Hachem, Head of the Dermatology Unit, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy, (RSDN); Prof. Dr. Julien Lambert, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Antwerp University Hospital, Belgium (e-Dermatology Portal); Prof. Erwin Tschachler, MD, Head of Research Division of Skin Biology and Pathobiology, Derpartment of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria (Science-FRT)
PRESIDENTS-ELECT AND PAST-PRESIDENTS OF THE 4 COMMITTEES
SPIN - SKIN INFLAMMATION & PSORIASIS INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Prof. Wolf-Henning Boehncke, Chairman of the Dermatology Unit at Geneva University, Switzerland
- PAST-PRESIDENT: Prof. Jo LAMBERT, Chair Department of Dermatology, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
RSDN-RARE SKIN DISORDERS NETWORK
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Prof. Hamida Turki, Department of Dermatology, Sfax, Tunisia
- PAST-PRESIDENT: Prof. Christine Bodemer, Chair of Department of Dermatology, Necker Children Hospital, Paris 15, France
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Prof. Dr. Laurent Misery, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Brest University Hospital, France
- ELECTED-MEMBER: Prof. Dr. Tiago Torres, MD, PhD, "Instituto Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar", University of Porto, Portugal
- Members to be elected