What is the Scientific Board? Who are its members?
The Fondation René Touraine works through a Scientific Board integrating 13 high-profile European dermatologists. This Board oversees the development of 3 Scientific Committees, which steer the Fondation René Touraine’s main 3 networking activities: Genodermatoses Network, Psoriasis International Network and e-Dermatology Portal.
These scientific committees are coordinated by a President, a President-elect and a Past-President (all members of the Scientific Board) and are composed of international experts whose expertise is useful to the development of the committees’ acitvities.
The Scientific Board is renewed by 1/3 of its members every 3 years and one cannot apply for the same position twice in a row. The Scientific Board decides to which candidates the Fondation René Touraine’s fellowships are awarded, as well as the organisation of the other scientific activities of Fondation René Touraine.
The present composition of the Scientific Board is as follows.
- PRESIDENT: Luis Puig, MD, PhD, Department of Dermatology, Hospital de la Sanat Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Wolf-Henning Boehncke, Chairman of the Dermatology Unit at Geneva University, Switzerland
- GENERAL SECRETARY: Prof. Erwin Tschachler, MD, Head of Research Division of Skin Biology and Pathobiology, Derpartment of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
- PAST-PRESIDENT: Prof.Dr.med.Dr.h.c.Thomas Luger, Chair of Department of Dermatology, University of Münster, Germany
COORDINATORS OF PSORIASIS INTERNATIONAL NETWORK SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE SPIN - SKIN INFLAMMATION & PSORIASIS INTERNATIONAL NETWORK
- PRESIDENT: Prof. Jo LAMBERT, Chair Department of Dermatology, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Phyllis SPULS, MD, PhD, Consultant Dermatologist at The Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam, NL
- PAST-PRESIDENT: Dr Luigi Naldi , Director of Centro Studi GISED, Fondazione per la Ricerca Ospedale Maggiore, Bergame, Italy
COORDINATORS OF GENODERMATOSES & RARE SKIN DISORDERS SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- PRESIDENT: Dr. Maya El-Hachem, Head of the Dermatology Unit, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy Coordinator of the Referent Center and Case Manager for Rare Skin Diseases, President of the Italian Society of Pediatric Dermatology
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Hamida Turki, Department of Dermatology, Sfax, Tunisia
- PAST-PRESIDENT: Prof. Christine Bodemer, Chair of Department of Dermatology, Necker Children Hospital, Paris 15, France
COORDINATORS OF E-DERMATOLOGY PORTAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
- PRESIDENT: Prof. Dr. Julien Lambert, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Antwerp University Hospital, Belgium
- PRESIDENT-ELECT: Prof. Dr. Laurent Misery, Chairman of the Department of Dermatology at the Brest University Hospital, France
- PAST-PRESIDENT: Prof. Menno de Rie, MD, PhD, Department of Dermatology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Prof.Dr.med.Dr.h.c.Thomas LUGER, President of the Fondation René Touraine, Chair of Department of Dermatology, University of Münster, Germany